Who can join the MSU Credit Union?
- Full-time, benefit-eligible employees of Midwestern State University
- Teaching Assistants (TA’s) of the University, part-time faculty and part-time staff under contract and benefit eligible;
- ALL the ROTC Cadre and all full-time civil service employees of the ROTC unit at the University;
- All full-time campus ministers of the recognized Bible chairs and their full-time employees;
- All Midwestern State University graduates and life-time members of the MSU Alumni Association;
- All full-time (benefit-eligible) Administration, Faculty, classified and At-will employees of Vernon College (including all branches);
- Students who are officially accepted and attending Midwestern State University;
- and members of the family of such persons.
What does it take to join?
- Two forms of identification (picture). Usually that consists of driver’s license and Mustang ID.
- Completing a signature card.
- Purchase at least one share. ($25.00 + a $1.00 non-refundable membership fee)
- The entire process takes approximately 20 minutes.
- Once you join that means you have established a share account or savings account. You may make deposits of any amount at any time.
- Once a member always a member. If you leave the University for another job or you move to another state – you are encouraged to maintain your account with the Midwestern State University Credit Union
What can I do once I join?
Once you join the MSU Credit Union you have access to many services, such as:
- Payroll Deduction (for savings and loan payments)
- Share Drafts or Checking Accounts
- Debit Cards through our Share Drafts or Checking Accounts
- Home Banking – Check balances, transfer from shares to shares or shares to loans
- Many varieties of loans including: Mortgage, Home Improvement, Home Equity, Autos, Recreational Vehicles, Boats, MasterCard, Personal Loans, Paycheck Loans, Share Loans, Share Notes, Try-Me Personal Loans
- Direct Deposits/ACH transactions – for example your spouse deposits funds through their job (other than Midwestern)
- Free Notary Service
- Easy to navigate website – www.mwsucu.com
- eStatements – monthly